Thursday 17 January 2008

The future

There is one advantage to being a finalist: The presence of these looming exams gives you very little time to think about other things. Now that may mean that you can't read a book (2/3 of the way through - get in), and that you forget what the outdoors smells like, and that you eat rubbish, and that all your relationships go to pot. But it also gives you a damned good excuse to not think about the future: The lack of anyone to spend it with (did I mention I was a pessimist when it comes to maintaining friendships, relationships and close personal ties?); the lack of anywhere to live, and possibly most importantly the lack of anything to do with my life. So I really, really wish that Milkround would stop sending me emails three times a day (yes, 3) telling me about graduate opportunities, further education and internships. I'm already painfully aware that everybody around me has the next 10 years of their life planned out. I don't. And I don't want to! I want to have some fun and live a little and work out who I am. Is that such a lot to ask?

No comments: