Friday 18 January 2008

Flat tyre

As if things couldn't get more annoying...

At some point today, probably while cycling up the very large hill that I wasn't meant to go up in the first place, I cycled over some glass and completely slashed my tyre. So now my bike is in the shop and I am facing the prospect of a 40 minute walk home. Joy. This also means that (because I wasn't about to walk all the way home and then all the way back just to shower) I haven't showered in about 27 hours (i.e. since I showered after training yesterday)... which isn't too bad but still makes me feel sorry for the people sat near. I'm just praying I don't get slammed with a load of weekend training that I'll need to cycle to, as I'm not getting my bike back until at least tomorrow lunchtime, but probably later.

On the plus side the cycle up the stupid big hill (I swear it was a 1 in 1 gradient!) did work out a few of the kinks I didn't manage to stretch off yesterday morning. I've started doing some volunteer work at a school: I do miss the kids I used to work with - so now I've got to start planning an activity for next week. It's too cold to do much sport, and I have a feeling they're none to musical so it looks like a craft-y one.

Pub was good... if slightly disturbing. I think rape, paedophilia, mums that write slash and lesbians are just too many confessions for one evening really. But none of these seemed to phase the people talking about them so I guess I needn't worry too much either. (Just to clarify, none of my friends are rapists or paedophiles)

I am currently elbow deep in stats and, bizarrely, Venn Diagrams, which I haven't used since... well since the last time I was teaching basic maths to primary school children - and yet it would appear that they're far more complex and interesting than I'd ever realised. And relevant to my dissertation, which is nice. The essay has been shelved for now: this is far more interesting ;)

No comments: