Tuesday 11 March 2008

Yo-yo

This morning as I walked to the library to pick up some papers (which it later transpired weren't there grrrr) I realised that I was happy. As in not just not-depressed but actually... glad to be alive. This happened quite a lot back in January but I guess all the dissertation stress and illness made me lose it for quite a while. Which is not to say that it was common-place to begin with: it came as a pleasant surprise when it started happening.

So... I was happy. And I was happy that I was happy. I actually started grinning. It feels good to come out of a rut and know you're ok for a while.
Except now I'm moping again. I'm really tired: promised myself I'd work until 9 but just don't care enough right now... I just want my duvet and a hug and a good night's sleep. Well hopefully I can get 2 out of 3.

No comments: