Monday 17 March 2008

Invaders!

There are new people in the library!! Except they're not that new... they're some friends. We were hanging out last night and all of them were complaining about not doing enough work and wanting a library and I happened to mention the lack of people in mine right now. Big mistake. On two counts:

One, although I told them which desks "belong" to people who will be in later today, and which belong to those who have gone home, I'm worried that people will come back before these friends have gone home and be really annoyed. (Seriously, finalists are possessive - look at me!)

Two, I think they may destroy my work ethic. The people that usually work in here are all quite hardcore, and I guess I've become hardcore by comparison. Mathmo looked at me in shock horror when she asked what hours I usually keep and I said 9-7 unless I've got nothing in the evening, when I might just carry on. Once I explained I was still working on the extended essay she seemed less freaked but still.

The guys that are normally in here, although they come in after me (maybe around 10) are nose to the grindstone for the whole time they're here, and always look up if you get up etc so it encourages me to work (although sometimes in a bad way - e.g. get back from doing some stuff in the computer lab; sit down to work; realise I have no water in my bottle but have to wait at least 20 mins to get up again to fill it because I'm so embarassed about crashing around distracting people. Wino has got us scheduling tea breaks. I'm hoping I can get away with getting take away tea and just staying for a little bit. At least I managed to put my foot down and say I'm the only one with a revision timetable, so we'll be sticking to my plan of when the breaks are!

Gah... will probably write again later... lots of people watching this morning! Ooh and today I swam my first 45 minute mile (don't judge me, I'm slow and swim breaststroke - it's a big deal for me!)

No comments: