Tuesday 1 April 2008

Broken mirror on the floor

Right now, I rather feel as though my degree is in pieces.
My extended essay is due for submission in just over 2 weeks.
My viva is in just over three.
I have had zero feedback regarding either from either supervisor.
My "moral" tutor has just managed to spectacularly fuck up by not sending a reference he promised me some 2 weeks ago, and subsequently removing any chance of me being considered for my dream job. He too, despite having agreed to read my essay has failed to do it.
The essay is weak. My points aren't well argued. It's not critical. The conclusion... is aimless.
I have no idea if my presentation is any good or not. It feels too broad. Other people seem to be revising extra stuff - I was just expecting questions about the content of the presentation itself. I feel as though the world is crashing down slightly.

Having looked at the mark scheme, the best I'm likely to achieve for either is a high 2:2... a 59. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks some wonderful fairy godmother will come help me and I can scrape into the 2:1 bracket - but right now it's not looking promising at all. I can't afford to flunk these - these are what's meant to be keeping my average grade up to make up for the summer exams.

And I've run out of people to turn to. :-S

No comments: