Saturday 19 April 2008

Pudding makes everything better...

Today has been a bit of a rubbish day. For one thing I've been hungry all day. Even though I've had real meals :(
Last mock exam this morning - went ok I think. Hopefully scraped a 2i on it.
I'm so unbelievably tired.
And I had a stupid fight with a friend. Or not a friend. It's reached the point of him starting pointless arguments and me trying to stay calm that I've concluded I just don't want to be around him anymore. Thankfully there's no real reason to except social situations, and he's not really a part of my uni group of friends - so there's no real need to see him for a while. I just don't want to be around someone who makes me feel shit when I'm trying to concentrate on exams y'know?
I just got all depressed and mopey this afternoon. Cheered myself up a bit by buying a CD from a busker (ridiculous I know, but I've heard him a few times and he plays lots of my comfort music (Comfort music - being rather like comfort food - is music that I find reassuring; nostalgic; mellow... a combination of things that my parents used to play on the many-hour drive to my grandparents, and pop hits from the years I was in sixth form, and old folky type tunes like Eva Cassidy). Anyway I bought this CD and then managed to get all mopey again.

But I had a pack of stale hot cross buns in the cupboard and I've just seen that Jamie Oliver Sainsbury's advert again so I made this:
It's hot cross buns with marmalade and custard. Now I'm all full and sleepy and it's hard to tell yourself that nobody likes you when you're full and sleepy. Not impossible... but it is difficult.

No comments: