Thursday 8 May 2008

Sit up, man up, push for the finish

The guys I was coaching last night told me it was a shame I was a finalist. They said I was a really good coach (*g*). They said I knew how to motivate them. How to make them sit up, man up, achieve their potential.

So now I'm doing the same for myself.
Sit up.
Man up.
How much do you want this?
Show some commitment.
Show me what you're made of.
You have not worked this hard to give up now.
This isn't just about you: there's a whole host of people to let down if you get it wrong now.
Sit up.
Eyes in front.
Keep it smooth.
Keep it calm.
Keep it technical.
You know how to do this.
You will do this.

Because you have to. Because there's no other choice. Because failure is not an option. Because the only way to make it go away is to finish the race.

So sit up. Man up. Push for the finish.

1 comment:

The Medievalist said...

You'd be surprised at what you can do once you set your mind to it. Let me know how it all turns out--hopefully for the best. The Medievalist