Tuesday 20 May 2008

And then the dream curled up in a little ball, laid down its little head, and died.
And thus ended the Finals Blogger's dream of a first. I'd sort of let it go anyway. I knew I wasn't prepared enough for these exams - but I did so ridiculously well last year I hoped I'd manage it somehow. I realised this morning that the mark I think I got yesterday was bad enough to neutralise the marks I got last year - I'd need a first in every paper to make it back (or rather an average of 70 over 4 papers).
The two today, were not so bad, but I doubt I got more than 65 on either. I was thinking about 68 for the first and then I counted up the marks I would give myself and it's a 65 for that and a 62 for this afternoon's.
So that's it.
I'm a little bit sad, but who wants to be a 1st class candidate anyway - it makes people assume you're some academic nerd, when really you just love your subject. Little bit sad though.

No comments: