Monday 25 February 2008

Let the ground swallow me up...

Seriously.

Please...

No?

Excuses for not blogging over the last 11 days (:O):
  • Being horribly horribly since last Sunday
  • Having most-of-a-week of racing
  • Having to hand in my dissertation

Trying to combine all three of those things was not fun. I'm not gonna try filling in details, as I'll just not blog for several months and uh that'd be a bit pointless.

Valentines Day was actually really nice - quiet night in with OtherHalf who cooked an awesome dinner for me and made me feel really rather lucky and smug :)

Dissertation was handed in 19 hours before the deadline - not quite the week-early I'd envisaged but then I had a whole lot of shit from people who'd asked to proofread and then didn't give me feedback until right before the deadline. Totally messed with my head, and was really not needed. Especially when I was running a temperature something crazy and so unbelievably stressed.

Racing went pretty well actually - gave it my all - just kept saying THIS IS THE LAST COMPETITION and it got me through even when I could hardly see straight. Kinda regretting it now I'm trying to recover from several days' hard competition and absolutely mauling my body but meh... Muscles hurt that I have no idea how to stretch. Like, your thighs hurt and you hold your leg up, hips forward. Or your groin hurts and you straddle and go to one side. But how do you stretch your left forearm? Or the point where your bicep attaches in your elbow? I'm seriously considering asking one of the henched guys at the gym....

And NOW I'm just panicking about my really-really-not-going-well Extended Essay. But enough about that another time.

No comments: