Monday 16 June 2008

Bike rage

This is kind of an odd time to be writing about this since, for the first time in weeks, I've got home with no road rage (bike rage!) at all, but just recently I've found myself getting disproportionately massively angry about everything. I've been hoping that this is down to a sort of adrenaline-building-up-to-results type thing, as it seems to have got worse not better since finals and I really can't cope.

I think I've considered blogging about my bike rage many times, but never actually got around to it so here's the summary.
  • I get roughly equally annoyed at pedestrians, drivers and other cyclists, although recently it swings against pedestrians.
  • One of the roads I have to go down is completley, unavoidably not pedestrianised and yet people choose to walk in the centre of the road rather than the perfectly servicable footpaths or even say the edges of the road.
  • This is exacerbated recently by my bell breaking.
  • I get irritated at people crossing roads without so much as looking - seriously, at 20mph I am more than capable of breaking both of our bones. Would you like to tell me what you plan to do if a car turns down this road?
  • I get annoyed at drivers who open their door into the cycle lane
  • I get annoyed at drivers who think the cycle lane is for overtaking people waiting to turn right
  • I get annoyed at bus drivers who edge into the cycle lane and then swing their backs in
  • I get annoyed at stupid cyclists doing ridiculous things who give us all bad names

I've always been slightly annoyed. I utter things like moron or idiot under my breath. But nowadays I fume. It's kinda scary actually. Seems to be gradually subsiding at last though!

No comments: